support the cause
how you can help lead with love
1. make a contributionNobody will ever make a profit from this film. Our goal is simply to get it into as many people's hands as possible, FOR FREE. That's why anyone can watch it online. But not everyone has access to the Internet or to a computer. And sometimes a film can be more powerful if people are able to watch it in a group and discuss it. So we would love for every library, school, and PFLAG chapter in the country to have a copy of the DVD. But DVDs cost money (fortunately, they don't cost much, if you're not making a profit from them).
You can help by sponsoring an organization to receive a DVD.
- $25 - will pay for production of a DVD and shipping to one worthy school, library, PFLAG chapter, or community center.
- $50 - buys 3 DVDs for a local LGBT youth center to have available on loan for parents of their youth.
- $100 - buys 7 DVDs, enough for every pediatrician in most group practices to have a copy.
- $1000 - buys 100 DVDs, one for every openly gay student in an entire school district to bring home to their parents.
2. Contribute to another organization that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth and their families.In addition to the work we're doing with this film, many other fantastic organizations are also working to improve the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth. We encourage your support of any of these organizations:
- GLSEN (The Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network). The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network strives to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN believes that such an atmosphere engenders a positive sense of self, which is the basis of educational achievement and personal growth. Since homophobia and heterosexism undermine a healthy school climate, GLSEN works to educate teachers, students and the public at large about the damaging effects these forces have on youth and adults alike. www.glsen.org
- PFLAG (Parents, Friends, and Families of Lesbians and Gays). PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. www.pflag.org
- The Trevor Project. The Trevor Project is determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources including our nationwide, 24/7 crisis intervention lifeline, digital community and advocacy/educational programs that create a safe, supportive and positive environment for everyone. www.thetrevorproject.org
Share this Site